Effortless Ways to Transition Your Home into the Fall Season
by Hannah Korsmeyer
As the leaves begin to change and a refreshing breeze fills the air, it's time to embark on the journey of transitioning our homes from summer to fall. But don't worry, there's no need for an extravagant shopping spree at Hobby Lobby to achieve the desired transformation. Instead, consider these simple and budget-friendly tips as you embrace the arrival of autumn...
1. Texture Transformation: Pull out those cozy throws from your closet and drape them over your couches. Plaid or fur throws can be a welcoming addition as the temperatures drop and you're too stubborn to turn the heat back on for the season! If you already have some throws out, switch from lighter fabrics like linen and cotton to velvets and knits.
2. Natural Inspirations: If you live in Evergreen, you know there is no shortage of pinecones. Gather some from your yard and bring a touch of the outdoors inside. Combine them in a decorative bowl with fallen leaves, branches, and miniature pumpkins or apples.
3. Library Ambiance: Create a snug and elegant look in a corner of your home by, stacking some shelves with books, whether they are thrifted antique volumes or current reads. This not only adds a touch of sophistication but also provides a cozy library feel.
4. Soft Illumination: Illuminate your space softly by adding candles in each room, preferably ones with inviting fall scents. Opt for lamps over harsh overhead lighting to enhance the warm and cozy atmosphere.
5. Fall Floral Accents: Incorporate the rich hues of autumn into your decor, whether it's on your porch or dining table! A trip to your local grocery store can yield beautiful fall florals in burnt oranges, browns, and reds. Consider mums, dahlias, or evergreen shrubs to infuse your space with seasonal charm.
Now that your home is all set for fall, take a well-deserved break. Kick back, enjoy some football, and wrap yourself in a soft blanket as you relish the cozy feel you've created. Feeling like you want to invest in some new decor to take the extra step? Swing by our retail store, Mountain Home, and explore our array of autumn arrivals! From warm Pendelton blankets to charming fall accessories, our store is your one-stop destination for all your seasonal decor desires and beyond!